Membership and Public Relations Committee
Statement of Purpose
The IAASE Membership and Public Relations Committee will have responsibility to maintain and increase membership enrollment and to maintain records documenting Member information. The Committee shall actively serve to promote IAASE, as a premier special education administration Organization, in Illinois and Nationally.
Membership and PR Committee Chairperson
- The IAASE President will recommend the approval of the Membership and Public Relations Committee Chairperson as the Member-at-Large.
- Terms of the Membership and Public Relationship Committee Chairperson shall be for two (2) years and their appointment aligned with the term of the Member-at-Large and recommendation of each new IAASE President. The Member-at-Large / Chairperson who leaves the position prior to the end of the two (2) years shall be replaced to fulfill the remaining portion of the two (2) year term.
- As the Member-at-Large responsibilities coincide with serving as Chairperson of the Membership and Public Relations Committee, the Elected official shall be a voting Member of the IAASE Executive Board but only cast a single vote as Member-at-Large.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee Chairperson / Member-at-Large will appoint the Regional Representatives as Committee Members. The Committee Chairperson may add Members at any time and the term will be consistent with the term of each IAASE President.
Membership and PR Committee Members
- Jami Hodge: President Elect
|Region I||Karen Cannon-Janettas||Angela Zajac|
|Region II||Jon Malone||Crystal Swan-Gravatt|
|Region III||Andrea Hartnett||Jason Gambill|
|Region IV||Christopher King||Barb Moore|
|Region V||Martha Blackburn||Susan Price|
|Region VI||Doug Edwards||Jera Pieper|
|Region VII||Elizabeth Keenan||Martin Walsh|
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will develop and disseminate membership information and membership applications. Applications should be made available to current and future Members, Regional Representatives, and statewide organizations.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will develop procedures for the facilitation of communication with Members and non-members at the State and National level to facilitate membership in IAASE and CASE.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will work closely with the IAASE Treasurer to develop procedures and forms for maintenance of accurate records.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will assure maintenance of accurate records, a data-base of membership, and Member directory through collaboration with the IAASE Administrative Assistant.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will develop procedures for managing and updating the annual membership directory with the IAASE Administrative Assistant and Webmaster for use on the IAASE website.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will assure the ability to generate a list of Members by IAASE Region and make these lists available to the Region Representatives and Member-at Large, as well as, other relevant IAASE Committees.
- The Membership and Public Relations Committee will utilize the IAASE conferences to encourage membership and utilize follow up letters to conference attendees who were non-members at each conference.