INVITATION TO JOIN OR RENEW YOUR IAASE MEMBERSHIP FOR 2019-2020
|Dr. Kevin Rubenstein |
It is an honor to welcome you to our 21st year as a professional organization in the State of Illinois. The Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (IAASE) is the largest CASE unit in the country and the largest statewide organization of special education administrators in the world. Each year, we reach close to 1200 members from all regions of the state and we currently host two conferences each year. We are regularly called upon by the legislature, our colleagues, government officials, and others for expert testimony, guidance, and information about working with students with disabilities. However, our work is incomplete and we need your help during the 2019-2020 school year to accomplish our vision of becoming the Voice, Vision, and Future of Special Education Leadership in Illinois.
There are several membership opportunities available and we have updated our membership categories to better reflect our community. Specifically, the best option for you is to join three organizations at once - CASE, CEC, and IAASE. You can become a unified member for just $410.
If you are just looking to join IAASE, you can find the following membership categories:
• Professional Membership (for those administrators or college faculty currently practicing in the field) - $180/year
• School Law Associate Membership (for our colleagues in the field of school law) - $180/year
• Business Associate Membership (for individuals who don’t fit neatly into the categories above who might be promoting a product or service) - $180/year
• Retiree Membership (for individuals who were once an IAASE Professional Member, but are now working part time in the field) - $50/year
• Aspiring Administrators (for individuals not in an administrative role or who are in a graduate program seeking a supervisory endorsement) - $50/year
Above and beyond all of that, I have found that you get out of this organization what you put into it. As such, I encourage every member to get involved in some way with IAASE. Join a committee (there are tons of them available), present at a conference, volunteer to help out with a webinar or two. Most importantly, if you have an idea about something you think our organization should be doing, please let me know. I am more than willing to listen.
2019-2020 will be filled with lots of change for students and schools. I’m glad that we will get to experience those changes together as an organization. If IAASE can be of service or assistance to you, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Be well and stay active!
The Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education (IAASE) is a non-profit special education administrator organization that promotes educational opportunities for all students with an emphasis on students with disabilities. IAASE action oriented administrative focus leads the special education field in the areas of policy development, finance, and legislation at the local, state, and national level.